View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 09:11 AM   #91
72c20customcamper

Re: Random pictures that you did not take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I don't think all 3-wheelers are classified as cycles. . But the 4 wheeled rat rods get away with the same. It's not just rat rods. In the Sageway parking lot one day I saw a pro-mod '57 Chevy (looking thing). Full tilt race car with street rod tags. There wasn't a single part on that car from a '57 Chevy but I bet it was registered as one. If it was registered as a new build it would have to pass safety inspection. This car was full fiberglass body with painted on lights and chrome trim, plexiglass windows, full race tube frame, center driver seat in the back, parachute, race slicks, on and on. It was a full-on race car registered and driven boldly on the street. I used to get pulled over for things like a missing tag light.

I think these crazy rides are cool. Just hard for me to deal with hypocrisy and it sucked being harassed
In NY anything with less than four wheels is a motorcycle. You need a motorcycle endorsement on your license and a helmet . They did make an amendment that if it has a permanent roof you dont need a helmet or the endorsement. Guy that I know goes to shows with Robin was funny seeing him in it with a helmet same with the old Isettas
Attached Images

1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote