View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 06:14 PM   #11
rustyrodknocker

Re: 66 GMC long story longer...

Moving on,
At a point the motor became so noxious with the smell of burning oil we could no longer take it, even though it didn't smoke. Maybe after waiting in line for ever at the taco shop or something. Anyhow I swapped in a used 350 from a k5 that I bought for parts. Its tired bug runs good. It has that worn out small block characteristic of the starter really being able to wing the motor over. They start fast like that.
While driving daily I continued to work around the body. When I got it somebody had made literal hundreds of swipes with red spot putty over nothing then covered the whole truck in a flat black spatter paint.
I was doing panel by panel and smoothing and straightening. I was paiting it with rustoleum satin, which looked pretty decent.

This is a terrible picture but the only one that kind of shows where I was at with the work. Which was almost done with exterior panels.

Then I got ran of the road or ran myself off the road trying to avoid a drunk driver that pulled out in front of me. It was going ok until it just got too narrow and the fight front dug into the bank.
It is a story that deserves its own space but ultimately ever corner got into the bank as we spun down the road.
That put me starting over.
Attached Images

rustyrodknocker is offline   Reply With Quote