View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 09:59 AM   #28
Tmwoodall

Re: Brothers Service?

I certainly didn't start the thread to incite a ***** session, I truly was curious. As I said it has been 7+ years since my last order (college halted all progress on the truck). The most recent order was not a huge snafu of months of waiting, but an annoyance I'd rather not have to deal with.

I ordered on 7/25, the following day I get notice that the Sway bars are backordered with no estimated ship date. Not the biggest issue in the world, but I may have gone with CPP or ECE from the get-go had I known that, but again not a show stopper.

On Aug 5th, two business weeks later I called to see what was going on, I needed the rubber parts (new Bushings, bump stops, etc) for my suspension as I aim to get it all reinstalled this weekend. I just assumed it would ship out before the sway bars given that they were B.O. I spoke to a female who I suspect was Jamie from previous comments. She said she would break the shipment and get the rubber out to me. This annoyed me that it wasn't done automatically given that it would be over a month until the sway bars shipped (assuming their "two week" estimate was correct)

I checked my online status and I still saw no shipping updates which is when I posted this the other day. At which point I called to cancel, they said my rubber stuff is on the way, we shall see it's been almost a week since they sent it out for shipping.

So all in all, not the biggest deal. No months of waiting, or knock down drag out phone/email fights. However it was all enough of an annoyance for me to consider other vendors moving forward. THe practice of not shipping as available, and a lack of communication to the customer to appropriately set expectations both on the front end and back end will push me to find a similar vender who will do that. I for one, personally, would want all of this info as a vender/business owner. You can't possibly fix problems that aren't vocalized. I am glad there are folks out there with good experiences, from the positive I have read about John, it will be learning experience. I'd also be willing to bet that if I put in another order with them that it would be a near perfect experience