View Single Post
Old 09-05-2015, 04:26 PM   #66
aotte1

Re: 64' K10 Project Long Bed

I received some help/information from Franken, CaptainFab, and 63GENIII on the power steering gear box position shown in the photos above.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for all the help,
1). I have changed my plans, and will add a "Borgeson steering column set-up", for safety, and better steering.
2). The pitman arm is in the center of it travel left to right, and that is what is shown in the photos.
3). Can raise the front up a little, especially with the new steering set-up. Steering column is in line with gear box shaft, however, the steering column is more to outside of truck and not centered in firewall hole. This another reason why will go to Borgeson steering shaft set-up in engine compartment. Then will be able to center column in factory location.
4). 63GenIII, provided the same measurement I did above and had the same 12.75" for his conversion to PS, he said his drives well with the new set-up, without any bump steer or other bad habits. He has done some addition mods to his truck.

I will do additional photos of progress as it is welded to frame. Next step is to mark the adjusted position per above comments on frame, remove to clean frame for welding, tack weld adapter plate to frame, and drill frame holes. The plate will be stich welded all the way around later, when frame is ready to go to get cleaned.

Last edited by aotte1; 09-05-2015 at 04:35 PM.
aotte1 is offline   Reply With Quote