View Single Post
Old 08-02-2015, 12:17 AM   #7
Gatorman

Re: Which oil to use

Several years ago I was managing the maintenance for Co. vehicles that we used working for Louisiana DOT. A project where off duty EMT/Firefighters worked helping stranded motorists and police/fire with incidents on the highways, [ I did that part time while working as a full time firefighter ]. The vehicles we used were 2007 1 ton F**D vans with 5.4 gas motivation. I used 10w 30 Synthetic and Wix filters at every oil change. I changed the oil/filter in each unit 1 time per month. Mileage for each unit was around 10k per month. That didn`t include idling time. The units worked 14-15 hours per day 7 days a week. In 2011 we received new F**D trucks. At the end of the prior contract the 4 Vans we were using had between 590,000-645,000 miles, all highway miles. One van was toast with a finally blown head gasket, the other 3 were using oil, around a quart every other day. I had new air filters every other month. Just to show what good oil and good filters can do for the life of engines. Peace Dale
Gatorman is offline   Reply With Quote