View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 09:01 AM   #92
richards72chevy

Re: pics of truck campers

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
I never studied it, I experienced it in depth in real life. Only Ford built that truck, not the industry, and only for a short while. No weight distribution issues with the 10' camper on my '71 C/20. It rode better with the camper and family (2 kids) than without. The water tank sits across the front, which offsets a lot of tail end weight. The truck with camper was a very well balanced unit. It cornered flat as empty, too. I did have 9.75" wheels on the rear. We traveled and camped in that rig from '88 to '04 all over the place. The longest trip was Maryland to the southwest in '89. We took it to the North Rim of Grand Canyon, up and back down the switchbacks. Also went over Rocky Mt National Park, more switchbacks. That truck/camper combination was ideal.

Fixing a meal on the way up to Taos by way of Vegas, NM on the roadside
What motor/transmission was in that?Did you ever experienced much lugging down going up any of the grades?I was going to put a camper on my 72 but it's a lowered half ton long bed.I plan on getting a pre 72 Chevy/GMC 3/4 or 1 ton eventually and putting a camper on it or even getting a c30 motorhome.I will probably just be mostly going to our local camp area but I'm sick of setting up a tent.Plus you get more amenities at the RV hookups.
richards72chevy is offline   Reply With Quote