View Single Post
Old 02-24-2019, 11:00 PM   #2776
MARTINSR

Re: What did you do with your truck today, Part 3

Put my five minutes in on something I didn't think I had to do and it sucks. Out of the blue this morning something hit me on my rear axle. The spring pads were about a half inch closer together than they are suppose to be. I had ignored it thinking that it won't make a difference moving the spring a quarter inch in on each side, that's close enough I figured. Well, what hit me was, what is one side is where it belongs and the other side is off the whole half inch, or what if one side is even in further than that, I hadn't measure to the end of the axle to see if they were at the correct distance from the end. So sure enough, one side was in a half inch, CRAP. So I figured I would cut that one off and then leave the other. Well, then I got to looking at the angle the rear end would be at where they were mounted, it was WAY off with the third member pointing up! Geeeez, I cut them both off and will clamp it all together until I have the engine tranny and height where I want it then get the pinion angle right and weld them on.

I mean, come on, that's the right way to do it. I was just dreaming that the last guy had welded the perches on there right. One thing that was real nice, the dudes welds sucked so they was easy to remove.

Brian
Attached Images

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote