View Single Post
Old 11-24-2004, 08:46 PM   #1
redz 1970 K5
OBS guy

GOOD DEAL... or not??? blings...

Ok, so the K5 is staying. Done deal. It is going to get carted up and moved with me.

Now, I have acquired a 2" body lift, front Tuff Country 6" springs and 2" rear blocks (already have 4" rear springs) with new poly body mounts. This stuff would have gone with the K5, but now I am going to install it all.

I can get a VERY VERY GOOD deal on brand new (500 miles) 20x9" wheels with 36x13.5x20 Super Swamper IROKs. Now, a good deal doesn't mean the right deal right?

I was going to get some 37" GY MTR's after the additional 4" of lift and put on my Enkei 15" wheels. However if I sell my 15x10" Enkeis with the 33's currently mounted, the cost for the above set will cost me what 37's would.

I have such mixed feelings, I cannot decide whether to move forward or not. Unfortunately this isn't a try and buy. It's a straightforward buy only- hence the good deal.

So, killer deal with 36's on 20's or just pass?

I can't find ANY pictures as a decent reference to judge. Sometimes I see the big wheels on lifted trucks and they look pretty cool, and sometimes I don't like it. I am not a big bling bling guy, but this could be a pretty interesting look- A mix of old and new!
redz 1970 K5 is offline   Reply With Quote