Old 01-26-2016, 03:13 PM   #149
lyrikz
PITbut

Re: Hemi's 70 Blazer build

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemi43 View Post
Thanks BigJ;

Here's more boring primer pictures.
All original panels like the doors, hood and body were sprayed with Featherfill after the epoxy cured for 3 days. The fenders and tailgate as well as a few other pieces that needed no major blocking were epoxied then Urethane primed wet on wet.
All the priming is now finished, and now I need to wait a month before blocking. This is crucial because urethane needs time to gas off or else it will sink and show sanding scratches down the road. I will however paint the firewall so that I can put the body back on the chassis.
I love your build. One thing that caught my eye was you said you waited 3 days to paint over the epoxy. Epoxy has a cure time that you cant exceed or the top layer will not stick. HOpe that doesnt come back to bite you.
As for the sand marks, thats not necessarily true either. If you use the correct sanding stages the shrinkage you speak of will not happen(or better yet wont be seen)

Cant wait for more updates.

** I posted this before i had reached the end of your thread. That thing came out amazing. Using a 19 year or urethane seems a bit sketchy, but holy hell it came out perfect. Do you have a paint code for that
tank color you used?****

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=676047

My new YOUTUBE channel.. Videos of my truck and a current walk around.
Lyrikz74 Youtube channel DONE! SOLD!

My 1971 stepside build thread
My Build Thread UPDATED 6/11. DONE
and sold.

Last edited by lyrikz; 01-26-2016 at 03:26 PM.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote