View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 08:45 PM   #61
litew8

Re: GMC paul door seals are great!

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to answer a few questions! Really appreciate it! I know about the felt being trapped beneath the chrome on the division bar! I just finished sandblasting mine and noticed how some got trapped in that seam. The blaster cleaned it up good for me. Once I get organized, I'm going to buy from GMC Paul! Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMCPaul View Post
All the rubber is supplied by Precision in this kit. The part # 280037 do have a chrome top bead attached to the 2-outer rubber scrappers and the 2-inner felts in this kit. Its just not in that description and I'll see about getting it added. The division bar felts do not have chrome beads. The division bar felt was installed at GM assembly plant then they crimped a chrome bead onto the rear edge of the vent window assemblies division bar surrounding metal inside & out. When they did this they often trapped a portion of the division bar felt under the edge of this chrome bead. So when removing the division bar felt to replace it run a razor blade along the edge of the chrome bead on the felt side of it this will cut any felt trapped allowing you to remove the division bar felt liner for replacement.
The part # 280037 includes 2 division bar felts and 2 glass run channels so if you only have the 1 truck there is no need to add the part #'s 360342 division bar felt or Part# 360346 glass run channel.
we use a Part # 371090 + 2- Part # 360342 & 2 part # 360343 to make our Part # 280037 kit.
To be sure your questions get answered quickly about any of our products you can contact us direct by emailing us at
robbinspd1199@yahoo.com
as I don't always see every post here. Thanks for your interest!!
Paul @ GMCPauls