View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 09:56 AM   #27
Bennett68C10

Re: Project "Redemption" 68 SWB Fleetside

Quote:
Originally Posted by trkfrk View Post
Keith, I am really glad to see you back on the board and starting another build. It was sad to see you sale your last truck. I am definitely onboard for this build, and can't wait to see the progress. Good luck man.
Thanks Mark! Yeah I hated selling my other 68 as well but everything happens for a reason. I'm currently stripping the truck down to the frame and collecting parts for the build. I have to say, I'm very jealous of your truck. It came out amazing and you know I love that Torch Red paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNeck View Post
Glad you are back with us C10 guys Keith. I loved your last truck, so I'm looking forward to following the progress on this one.

POP
Thanks POP, feels good to be back. Love the progress on Chad's truck. That paint looks amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69short View Post
Keith what process did you use to clean and paint your engine? I have an lq4 and it's quite the pig.

Yours looks nice, I'm hoping to get mine half as good lol
I cleaned the block using Gunk engine cleaner and a lot of elbow grease After that I took a wire wheel to the block and cleaned off any surface rust and flaking paint. I then painted the block with KBS Coating Rust Seal since it withstands high heat and seals the block up from further rust. I went over the entire motor, heads and all with KBS's Fusion Etching Primer and then top coated it with their Motor Coater Chevy Orange. I'm really happy with how it turned out. Just spend some time making sure the block is clean and I'm sure yours will look pretty darn good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sduckworth13 View Post
I'm glad to see you back at it Keith. I'm sorry about hearing about the whole situation you went through. I can relate to your "therapy sessions" too. I've been there once before too.
Thanks Scott, at least I can say I'm in the best shape of my life now

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
I'm in..
Thanks for following, once I get the cab off and my parts start rolling in, I should have some real progress going on.

66 Suburban

Burb Build Thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=751361

IG: bennett68c10
Bennett68C10 is offline   Reply With Quote