View Single Post
Old 03-23-2022, 03:24 PM   #128
richard2717
Equal opportunity joke ofender

Re: 71' Blazer Rust bucket build

Well after sitting down and looking at the multiple projects I have sitting here I have decided to push forward with the 72 original paint green Blazer. I have made a cart up to put my 68 panel truck on to get it off of the lift and have the blazer now on there. Plan is to get it 100% mechanically ready so I can at least drive it this summer. It has been sitting inside the shop since 2011 when I bought it so everything is dry except for the bottom of the engine, bottom of the transmission, bottom of the T case and the yoke of the 12 bolt. I am separating the body from the frame tomorrow with the help of a friend. I have purchased a LOT of new parts and have almost all of it here sitting on the table ready to go. Still waiting on the brake & fuel lines as well as the brake booster setup and a few small parts from Rock auto.

Plan is to completely replace the braking system front to rear and top to bottom.
Replace all the fuel lines including the vent lines
Replace all the tie rod ends
Replace yoke seals and pan gaskets on both rears and put all new fluids in
Rebuild 3 speed transmission
Rebuild Dana 20 T case
Send driveshafts to vendor foe rebuild as needed.
All new body bushings from Wes
Install new crate 350 along with new clutch kit.
Install new heater core while it is accessible (hoping Wes gets new stock in of the brass ones)
new 33x12.50x15 tires to replace the new dry rotted ones on it now
Clean and paint frame and suspension.
I am only going to do the outer floor repairs and rockers for now and work on the more major stuff this coming fall. I really want to drive this thing this summer for a bit.
I may throw the original paint doors on it that I sourced a few years ago if time permits.
I bought a set of nice used seat covers that i am going to try my luck at getting put on as well.

Attached Images

Dually Jams, OlBlue60, ScottH, Tommyboy24, Dujobo, Warbucket, 2003 Silverado, Notsolo, my90k5, 6t727t2, Special-K ,Jack_71C10, tabarcus,72blazer_mud_bogger,pwdcougar,RSavage,EricSean,1Rippen6,invicta455,tennaragtop71,arks, Kendal,Bennett68C10, Perpendicular, Chainsawman, McGeesCustomMinis,ShortbedClayton,longblue72,6768chevylover,Tim71,Travisarmenta,Ol' Drippy,fleetmitch,georgieb51,Dave,bcnya2,Dadsburb
https://paypal.me/6772GMtruckparts
Most women like the strong, silent type… Fortunately for me, my wife prefers the out-of-shape, mouthy type.
richard2717 is offline   Reply With Quote