View Single Post
Old 01-15-2023, 10:07 AM   #16
Chaparralman1974

Re: My 1967 Chevy K20 Build Thread

1/13/2023
Today saw the removal of the cab from the chassis. I thought that this was going to be a lot harder than it really was. I had pre-soaked all four of the cab mounting bolts thinking that they were going to be seized up, but I was shocked at how clean and easy that they came out. I pulled the steering column and parking brake as well in order to get the cab off. One thing to note is that the speedometer cable actually screwed into the back of the gauge cluster. I thought that it clipped in based on some online research that I did, but it may be that the 67’s were just different. In any case, I was able to get everything disconnected and the cab lifted off using my engine hoist with a 4x6 beam mounted to the top of it. I did decide to remove the doors as well as I don’t want to bend or tweak them when lifting the cab.
The cart that I made ended up being a tad short and it was a bit of a challenge to get the cab off of the hoist and onto the cart. In the end, I had to place jack stands under the rockers of the cab to support it while I moved the hoist out of the way and then moved the cab cart under in its place. I put a few 4x4’s in between the cab and the cart and it seems to be holding, but they are a bit short for my liking so I will get some longer material in there at some point. I also ran a ratchet strap through the cab and around the cart for added stability.
Attached Images

Build Thread: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=841272
Chaparralman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote