View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 08:46 PM   #1
72c20customcamper

Got bit in the gas

Today I took my burban out for a few errands. Ran great untill shevhit a hill she boggged down started sputtering and a couple of pops out the exhaust. Ok really warm today truck sat a couple of minutes in the tractor supply lot =vapor lock . Get over the hill it's fine till I come up to my place very steep hill for about 1 mile . Truck is doing 3 mph with me pumping the gas peddle the whole way. Get home first thing I do is pull the fuel line and the carb filter clean as can be . Have the misses crank the motor a few revolutions gas spitting out the line. I let it sit in the jar no water . Smell it, smells like turpentine.

Back story is I took the truck to Carlisle last year ran great. Met up with Tim aka special k and a his buddy believe his name is Chris. I filled the truck up in PA near the NY boarder and drove home and put it away . Not even thinking its ethonal gas. So I put the truck away with crappy gas now I have to get 20+ gallons out and refill with non ethonal high test. . God I'm so stupid
1969 AMX ,
1968 c20 stepside ,85 K20
1977 Suburban sold
68 anniversary.

Last edited by 72c20customcamper; 05-28-2020 at 09:02 AM.
72c20customcamper is offline   Reply With Quote