View Single Post
Old 01-22-2019, 02:43 PM   #83
MARTINSR

Re: Our Trucks Doing What They Did - Vintage Photo Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Seymore View Post
Still do. It will be 40 years in June.

I started as a co-op student (GMI = General Motors Institute) at the Flint Truck assembly plant. Since then I've worked in about 12 different final assembly plants, two proving grounds, three pre-production shops and one remote self contained design/build operation, in production launch, product design/development, and engineering program management.

I've worked on 6 generations of Full Size Trucks (Squarebody, GMT400, GMT800, GMT900, K2 and T1) one electric vehicle (Volt) and one low volume show car type build that I can't talk about.

K
OMG am I jealous! I wanted so bad to do that stuff when I was a kid, my dad was a Buick salesman from when I was born until I was out of highschool. I don't know why I didn't pursue it, I had a GM plant 8 miles from my house for goodness sakes. But I fell into autobody and did that instead. But damn that is some cool stuff, you have some awesome memories I am sure.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote