View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 08:55 PM   #1
Black93GT

1949 Chevy 3600 Tow Truck

I admit it. I have a bad habit of searching craigslist for cars/trucks I don't need or have space for. This constant, unnecessary searching led me to a 1949 Chevy 3600 in Brawley CA, that was converted into a tow truck. The last thing I needed was another project in my garage but I really dug the patina and well... its too late now.

I live in northern California and was making a trip to visit friends in Huntington Beach and San Diego. Since I'm headed that way... how much further could this Brawley really be?

I packed my truck, caught an hour and a half power nap and hit the road at 11:30PM. Pull into HB at 7am to grab one seriously awesome friend (who I'm now forever indebted to thanks to this journey) and a fresh cup of coffee. Back on the road and finally pulling into Brawley a half day after leaving my house (much further then anticipated). Although we were still in the same state, it just might have been an alien planet. The cool temps of my air conditioned truck left us brutally unprepared for the mid-day 110 degree heat.

Heat exhausting had set in as a price was agreed upon followed by falling deep into heat stroke by the time we winched the truck onto the trailer and locked it down.

Back in HB I was finally able to take a few pics. Its not pretty, badly beaten, but I like the patina.
Attached Images

Black93GT is offline   Reply With Quote