View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 08:58 PM   #28
MigGunslinger

Re: 1970 Chevy C10 LWB to SWB and frame off

Back at it again!

I have been doing little stuff all week, mostly figuring out how to align a door by myself (it's a secret method involving a floor jack, a scissor jack, and some poles). No pics of the process but if I remember on the passenger side I will take some.

The door to fender gap is better in person I promise.

You may notice that my rocker panel is still not in. The one I bought needs a bunch of fitting to make it work so I ordered a triplus outer rocker. If the triplus piece is just as bad I am only out $16 and shipping.

While I wait for that to come I decided to do some exploring on the POs "bodywork". There were some interesting spots on the passenger door skin:

They used the sticky backing plate made for household Sheetrock repairs and just slathered filler over the mirror mounting holes.

Working in a winter wonderland! Filler dust makes awful snow cones.

I used my new Harbor Freight Stud welder and slide hammer set to pull the dents out to a much more respectable 1/16"

Finally a shot of the work I have done on the fender. I don't think I will be able to save it, the lip around the wheel well is crushed flat and I have gotten to the point where each pull and hammer blow makes it look worse.