View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 04:28 PM   #61
lowrodderchev

Re: LS swap for my 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski-me View Post
Late to the game but love the project!

I do have the 90/91 NP241 in my Blazer and had no issues with 35" tires. Plenty stout.

If you do consider a SYE, I ended up going with JB Conversions....great company but really hard to get kit if they are out of stock!! Like several and several months! However, Tom Woods makes a kit too, but I prefer JB's because it's an all new shaft. Woods ends up chopping off an old, used one and making that work. Front Range showed a cheaper slip yoke CV driveshaft, but Woods said I may have vibration issues due to the larger mass of the CV joint on the slip. Therefore I bit the bullet and did the full SYE setup.

Also, I opted for Tom Woods driveshaft but had to get it re-balanced upon arrival. Local shop did say that he's seen a lot of Woods/aftermarket driveshafts requiring balancing upon arrival.

I went with the 90/91 because of the VSS and used it for the electric speedo. Otherwise, my speedo kept bouncing around due to cable driven.

I just gave Larry a skid plate but he came and met me in person....hopefully someday I'll be able to go to his shop and see his 8.1L conversion (s)! Pretty cool and factory looking!
did you have to run the SYE kit with the 35's? I didn't put one in yet. hopefully i'll be ok for now