View Single Post
Old 10-21-2015, 04:13 AM   #11
Project86

Re: help with newer top end combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGSigns View Post
What ever you decide to do for a cam change the springs to a set matched for the cam shaft. Don't make any assumptions on the springs. You will need to know a lot more about your short block to figure out what to do with the heads. At the minimum the part number on the piston and the measurement of how far down in the hole they are. With that info and the CC's of the heads you can see what you have and if you can get where you want to go. If you decide to angle mill the heads to get the compression up you will need to also do the intake. Then these two stay together for ever. Then I would look at getting the heads flowed and picking a cam to work with what you have for heads. All this adds up quick to make what seems like a good deal work and can easily run more than a good set of new heads.
Jimmy
All very good info and advice as well j is a 4mmy!
I'm still weighing my options. I work offshore so I have a little bit of time. I may just end up revealing what I already have and just wait until I'm certain of what I want. I do know my block is a 4bolt main 350. Bored .40 over with mahle 4 valve relief pistons. Just oversized replacements. Stock crank stock rods. I will probably end up taking my block and those heads and seeing what the combination will most likely come out to be. If it works in my favor then I'll go with that. However if it ends up being more money invested than expected. I will just wait to convert it to a roller motor and aluminum heads and high compression
Project86 is offline   Reply With Quote