View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 04:41 PM   #28
UniqueOdyssey68

Re: Project: UniqueOdyssey:'68C10-possibly one of the longest builds, unique stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowcpe View Post
I've been tossing the idea of another cab myself. Problem for me I want/need a '67 small window cab. I've found a couple but you pay for rust free, however in the long run it may be way cheaper. But I'm wanting to do a few custom touches so I may try and fix the cab.
Yeah they're getting more difficult to find for sure. Kind of depends on how much of the critical structure of cab needs work. Of course, floor, rockers, corners are typical, but if the pillars, firewall, window frames, core roof (not the skin) are good, then I'd fix it and paint w/anti-rust really well. That AMD floor is a 1 piece.

Also depends on your climate too. Good products out there now that make these things won't corrode away like when they were built
- long term project '68 C10 true shortbed! Resto-mod. LS swap. Build thread: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=769919 "I've still kept this project truck when anyone else would've given up and sold it as is. Giving up is easy, staying the course is part of life's journey"