View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 08:42 PM   #49
SCOTI

Re: Stolen last night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotenntitans View Post
OK guys, we still have not recovered our beloved Milk Cow, but a red swb mid 90s fleetside has just shown up in my town and I am 99% positive it's running my wheels & tires and is also sporting my front bumper. I have never seen this truck before until about two weeks ago. I saw it at Wal Mart yesterday and got a closer look.

That bumper with the vertical guards was bought by me off a wrecked Suburban. I have NEVER seen another swb truck non 4x4 with a front bumper with those guards on it. Also, my son curbed one of his tires and scuffed the white letters in "Hankook" pretty bad. I remember fussing at him about it. This red truck has a scuffed white letters as well.

My question.....I bought those tires from Tirerack three years ago and I do not have the paperwork anymore. Is is worth it to try to see if they can look up serial numbers on the exact 4 tires that I bought and put on our truck? Or are there exact serial numbers on tires?

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
Serial numbers are entered for warranty purposes @ corporate type chain stores so Tire Rack probably does that. Not sure what it would prove for you though. The tires could have 'been purchased' as used tires from an individual or corner/independent tire shop. No records kept there. Point being, even if they do match your Tire Rack info, whoever has them would have plausible deniability that 'they' did not take them from you.

Pic proof of your truck w/the 'special bumper' & tire serial number ID might help you boost your request for law enforcement to inquire but probably not. Plus you have to get those numbers just to verify....

But, if you see it & have an opportunity, nothing ventured nothing gained. Some quick cell phone pics of the tire sidewalls where the info is & one of the top corner of the dash for the VIN would be easy enough in the right circumstances.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.