View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 04:06 PM   #11
Android04

Re: Knock after a simple carb swap - Thoughts?

Thanks everyone for replying.

So I changed all fluids, checked all plugs (no issues), and took off the aux belts. Started it up before I left for the Rod Run, and the noise went away but would randomly come back for a split second and then gone again.

I left it sit while I was out of town, and came back last night. I checked all fluids today, and then started the engine. NO NOISE AT ALL! Rev-ed it up and let it sit running for about 5min. No smoke, no noise, no nothing. So I shut it down, and got under it and checked the bolts for the flywheel to the torque converter. None of them were loose but I noticed that when I turned it, it had a slight wobble or out of center. I gave a little strong arm action and then re-started the truck.

I got back under it and the torque converter and flywheel are definitely not running straight and I could hear a slight tapping noise from the bottom of the trans pan. I was afraid it was the motor but seem's to be the trans. Don't know anything about the auto-trans other then what I've learned with this one, so we shall see.

Still going to do a compression check and run a camera through the cylinders to make sure. Thanks again for all the replies and suggestions.
Android04 is offline   Reply With Quote