View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 08:11 PM   #78
PBFAB.COM

Re: Dropmember in a 69 C10

I have a few pics of the dropmember in a small floor 69 running a 350 th400 combo. This gives an idea of where the motor is "relocated" to, and shows some of the clearances.
A couple things to clarify... the dropmember is a bolt in crossmember designed to convert to rack and pinion, and with the right tire/spindle combo the frame may be placed on the ground. With this said, there are still other modifications needed to allow one of these trucks to lay completely on the ground. The dropmember takes care of the front, but driveshaft clearance and small floor cab clearance will still need to be adressed. If you have a small hump floor... you will need to change it to the bolt in large hump. If you want the rear to be as low as the front, trailing arm crossmember will need to be modified.

If you are looking at the pic of the distributor and thinking that doesn't look like it will come out... it will... if you drop the rack and pinion, unbolt the motor mounts and let the motor down 1/2 an inch. It's one of the drawbacks/compromises that happen when making these changes. (I feel bad for the guy who stabs his distributor 180 off).

I don't want the assumption being made that all you need to lay this thing out is bolt in one of these dropmembers... it will take care of the front... but there is still a lot of work to be done to get the rear all the way down.

If you aren't looking to put the truck on the ground this is still a great product that can allow a low stance and add extra front crossmember to ground clearance that is desperately needed on these trucks.
Attached Images

PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote