View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 01:59 PM   #13
RustyPile

Re: Shipping prices are nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post
That may be the case in Elkhart, Texas, but it's certainly not the case everywhere.
The population of Elkhart, Tx is less than fifteen hundred people.. We have one traffic light, one bank, 2 school campuses, 2 gas stations, and a hardware store.. I'd be willing to wager a goodly amount that our hardware store has exactly the "bag of screws" needed by the OP of this thread.. We also have ONE automotive parts store.. Reliable Auto supply is locally owned and operated by highly experienced parts people. They know how and where to find parts.. 95% of the time, parts are "in hand" the next day without shipping charges.

Four years ago when I was restoring a 1960 Cushman scooter, I needed a headlight switch and brake light switch.. Just out of curiosity, I checked with Reliable ---- they had both in stock....

When one man can establish an automotive parts business in a town the size of Elkhart, and can keep in stock or obtain almost immediately, just about anything made for cars, why can't it be done elsewhere?? It's not the location that causes the problem... It's the attitude of the business owner..
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote