View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 01:40 PM   #11
Farmer Mike

Re: 73 2wd Jimmy "C514"

Howdy,

I owned the Jimmy for over 8 years. The truck was originally from California. I bought it in Phoenix in April 1996 as a collection of parts sitting on a rolling chassis. I installed a 400 small block and a turbo 400 (375) transmission. I liked the look of the newer front clip so I added front sheet metal from a 86 donor truck (What was I thinking?!). The original rear end was a 12 bolt with 3.73 gears and ladder bar suspension. The gears were bad so swapped in leafs and a 10 bolt with 3.08 gears.

The suspension had lowered Bell-Tech gas shocks and western 2” spindles. The rear end had a shackle-flip and the frame was “C” notched. It had 10” Crager Streetstar rims in the rear and 275-60-15 BFGs. The front had 7” Cragars and 235-60-15 Uniroyal tires (I love the rallys it has now).

I installed an original set of Blazer seats and center console. The seats assemblies were nice shape but need to be recovered. The floor and bed has a coat of Herculiner on it. The gauge set was out of a newer truck. I modified the wiring harness to work with the newer cluster.

It's SO MUCH better now than when I had it. Have fun!!
Attached Images

1987 Chevy 4X4 350 TBI with TPI heads, Crane Powermax 2030 Cam, Edelbrock 3704 Intake with 2" bores, Holley 502-6 TBI, Hedman hedders, and DIY custom chip (Hopeless .BIN addict).
Farmer Mike is offline   Reply With Quote