View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 02:03 AM   #62
Captainfab
60-66 Nut

Re: Power Brake Booster Adapter Bracket

I don't have the dimensions of my booster brackets handy. I am at home now and all of the parts I fabricate are at my shop. I can get you some measurements tomorrow.

The S10's had an optional dual diaphram booster that is aproximately 9" in diameter. It is identified with the RPO code of JM3 or JM5. This booster is similar to the '67-'70 C20/30 boosters.

The diameter of the compatable boosters varies by application. I do not have a listing of those measurements.

The distance the booster is from the firewall has absolutely no bearing on the leverage applied by the brake pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbabwe View Post
Captainfab,
What is the depth of your bracket top and bottom?

Would the use of the '88-98 S10 (or similar) booster be essentially the same additional power as a 3/4 or 1 ton booster? It's just a matter of it being dual diaphragm?

Do you know the diameter of the boosters you recommend?

Does having the booster closer to the firewall lessen the stopping power of the power assembly because the arm is shorter and therefore has less leverage?

I ask because, before coming across your bracket, I was wondering why I couldn't just mount the booster directly to the firewall. I'm just thinking it looks better without that deep, ugly bracket, and I'm running the straight six with the stock air cleaner, so I need the clearance. I hate the look of the offset I6 air cleaner that puts it over the valve cover...hate it. Your bracket may be the way to go if I can make sure I'll have the air cleaner and throttle cable clearance (because of the I6). I'm using a Lokar floor shifter, so the column shift is not an issue.
Sorry for the twenty questions!
Thanks.
Hydroboost Mounting Plates HERE
Captainfab is offline   Reply With Quote