View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 02:14 PM   #612
NastyBuzzard

Re: Let's Build A 1 Ton Crew Cab 4x4

One thing I noticed from the side view was that my silver tank stuck out like a sore thumb but also I realized that I did not have it mounted flat at all.

So I dropped it, took the mount out and a friend of mine came over and we devised a way to rework the factory suburban bracket to fit in my frame and mount it level. I also had to paint it black so maybe it would stick out less.

I also had an issue with my new tailgate and new hardware. I finally realized the issue when comparing it with the factory mount. Once I ground it down I was able to fit the new tailgate properly. Glad I am doing this now bc I rubbed some paint off the first go round.

I also am test fitting the bumper. I'm having to modify the end of my frame some more as well as chop up my new factory style brackets. I am still missing the inner DS bracket though because they are on back order so I cant finish the bumper modification. If anyone has one let me know a price please. Also, anyone ever modify the bumper to get rid of the round carriage bolt heads?
Attached Images

2010 CTS V- The "NastyBuzzard"
1979 Trans Am - Eventually getting 6.0/T56 swap with boost
NastyBuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote