View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 09:37 AM   #73
derotoreut
Roto Reuter thats the name...

Re: Creamsicle: My 70 K10 SWB is about to get sweeter

I finished installing my gas pedal and routing the throttle cable through the firewall insulation pad. The pedal was tough to install over the firewall insulation pad. I used Quiet Ride Solutions street rod firewall kit. The street rod kit is a firewall insulation pad made of ABS plastic with insulation on the back side of it. The street rod version has no holes cut in it. All holes have to be drilled by the user. They also make a stock pad that is pre-cut, but I didn't want that one.

I drilled the three matching mounting holes in ABS pad and had to really push on the firewall pad to try to get the pedal bolts started. The bolts didn't reach and I had to go with longer bolts. Even then I couldn't get the pedal to fit right. I ended up adding three 1/2" long nylon spacers to the back of the three pedal stand-offs. Making the pedal stick out a little and using longer bolts seemed to work. It'll push the pedal a bit toward the driver, but not that much. I was able to get the bolts through and started.

Gas pedal mounted through the street rod firewall pad
Name:  IMG_9167.jpg
Views: 1297
Size:  50.9 KB

Street Rod Firewall Pad installed
Name:  IMG_9161.jpg
Views: 1309
Size:  55.1 KB

Name:  IMG_9160.jpg
Views: 1293
Size:  70.3 KB

I put in a grommet and cut down the sides of a SS button head screw to use as a throttle cable mount.
Name:  IMG_9168.jpg
Views: 1273
Size:  49.4 KB

1970 SWB Fleet K10 4X4, 5.3L LM7, 4L60E, Dakota Digital RTX, Vintage Air, Ididit tilt
1971 SWB Fleet C10 - Original SWB Arizona truck, new custom restoration project

"Kick out your motor and drive while you're still alive - kick it out!" - Heart 1977
derotoreut is offline   Reply With Quote