View Single Post
Old 03-06-2019, 07:34 PM   #27
SavageC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkinLonghorn View Post
Well, I don't know why he advised this. The GM engineers (and EVERY other manufacturer) thought it was necessary. It gives you MUCH better MPG fuel economy in a cruise situation (freeway) and any other part-throttle driving situation and with a BB, unless you own a gas station, this is important! As you know, it does not effect idle or full throttle timing, just light throttle opening. It will lower the heat generated during light throttle. I would definately make sure it is functional and hooked up.

With a stock fan and the AC condenser and the other cooler all in line for the air flow, maybe you will idle a little warm but after you hit road speeds I think you should be OK. Is that condenser in good condition without a lot of bent fins?
The condenser fins are in good shape and there are no bugs in it. I spoke with the guy at the machine shop regarding no vacuum advance causing retarded timing at part throttle applications, he agreed. We are going to put an adjustable vacuum advance canister on it and get it dialed in.
Posted via Mobile Device
SavageC20 is offline   Reply With Quote