View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 04:11 PM   #32
RustyPile

Re: *Turn Signal Not working*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippi View Post
Did some more testing this morning. I have green and black wires going to both turn signal buckets. All test were done with the passengers side turn signal bucket and socket removed. Just the back and green wires hanging down. On the passengers side I tried to straighten the green wire contact inside the socket and it broke off. Need to get a new one now.

1) I probed the wires on the plug on the steering column side that I thought were for the turn signals. Only one would flash which was the drivers side. I thinking the dark blue is for the passengers side but it would not flash.

2) With the ignition on and no lights or turn signals on there is no power to any wires at both turn signals.

3) With the ignition on and the parking lights on there is power to the green wire on the drivers side and power to the black wire on the passengers side.

4) With the ignition on and using the turn signal on the drivers side the black wire flashes. No flashing from either wire on the passengers side.

Update,

I probed all the wires on the plug coming from the column. On the engine side of the firewall I find no wire that will flash for the passengers side, only the drivers side. Could I splice into the wires on the column plug and run a new wire to the passengers side turn signal? If so. Which one since two wire flash?
The green wire at the bulb socket is not the other end of the green wire at the column harness.. You MUST disregard the wire colors in the main harness that has been added to your truck. Those bulb sockets you have are "universal sockets". Their color means nothing provided they are connected properly at the column harness. The blue wire in the column harness is the right front turn signal wire, regardless of the color at the socket.. Following my color guide I posted previously, conduct the test I posted earlier TO THE LETTER.. Do the testing at the column connector with everything connected and in place including the bulbs and sockets.. If you have proper current flow there, the turn signal switch is good.. You can work forward from the column connector, or work backward from the bulb socket.. Don't get side tracked testing other circuits.. Your problem is on the blue wire circuit.. It may change color somewhere along the line, but it's still the same circuit...
RustyPile is offline   Reply With Quote