View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 04:22 PM   #97
Reinovator

Re: "BIG" truck forum C/40, C/50, C/60 and the like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushytlb View Post
c50 found some information you might be interested in regarding tires and wheels and the like. Go to www.stovebolt.com/techtips/wheels/ the tires that the guy in the picture, is carrying on the scooter, are the type of tread I have always had on my c50. They wear very well, have good traction, have met my driving conditions here in up state ny(perd near to O Canada). Not to much use of truck in the winter though got caught out in early snow with trailer on. got home as long as I kept momentum up. A good 8'' of wet snow.
Hay thanks for the 'wheel link', it brings back some scary memory's and some fun story's but most of all it should be a big Safety Book mark for any one Restoring an older Trucks or cars.
Also may be a link created or if there already is?, some reference to which the correct spoons and prey bars to be used with each style split rim there are not many shops left which can change these style wheels.
So many Do it your selfers my attempt with out proper safety considerations, example I had floor cage jump up and hit me in the chin. No brain damage or scars but I do have a life long respect for split rims!!!!.

I Personally will not attempt changing a split rim without a Cage, or 200 feet of hose a large field and EMT's standing by in the center splt rim case, or the 7 piece I did on a fork lift I still get shivers from that one.

It would also make a great reference for restoration.
Thanks again