View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 07:51 PM   #2
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Re: Loss of oil pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by C101971 View Post
Hello all. So here's the story, I drove to work in the morning all was great. As well as most of the rest of the time since I have owned my truck. But a few times she's been fussy and I am really starting to wonder what is causing this. So on really really really hot days like today, it was 38°C, a bit too hot for me to want to drive my truck. 1971 GMC c15 with a 350. So it will start up fine, idol fine but after let's say 10-15 min she will bog real hard, I blamed it on vapour lock cause it's a mechanical fuel pump and it's 37 out. But since I got an oil pressure gauge I noticed the oil pressure will drop quite a bit once it bogs. Hard to say if there is a leak cause in regular temperature it will not leak but when it's this bloody hot it will leak a little oil, but not enough to cause concern. I checked the fuel lines and filter and no bubbling. If I let her sit in the shade for a while she will start back up fine. I've done road trips with her all day with no problem. If it happens and I'm go on the highway, within a few she will putter and kick back into happy mode and all will be fine.

Anyone have an explanation as to why the loss of oil pressure and bogging?

It may be the fuel boiling in the float bowls. Do you have a spacer between the carb and intake? If not try one of these.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/e...SABEgLudfD_BwE

Get the phenolic one. Probably available at your local parts store..... And make sure it is correct for whatever carb you are using.

LockDoc

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 08-09-2018 at 07:58 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote