View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 09:40 AM   #64
RckyMntnKng

Re: My Build Thread (year+) on 71 Jimmy 4x4

Couple questions for the experts ;-)

I ordered a pair of solid steel shims to get my driveline angle to match. Unfortunately I welded my spring mounts to the new 14 bolt in the stock location and mounted it before measuring my angles. Long story short im adding 4 degrees into it. That will zero out the difference.

Also I ordered a pair of Add-a-leafs for the rear. It sits level now, without the rear seats mounted, without the cage, without the spare etc. I dont want saggy butt, so these should raise the load rating for the rear as well as add 1.5-2" or so.

I might as well do these 2 projects in conjunction with each other.

Has anyone done this? Do I need to take the spring pack apart? I know I have to pull the bolt, and add a longer one that encompasses the extra length of 1 more spring and block per side. Does the New leaf go in the center of the pack or just on the bottom? It is nearly as long as the leafs near the top of the pack. I was thinking of clamping the springs together and adding the parts while still installed on the truck hangers.

Any advice would be appreciated. - Regards-RMK

Last edited by RckyMntnKng; 06-23-2009 at 09:41 AM.
RckyMntnKng is offline   Reply With Quote