View Single Post
Old 03-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #65
Shugalou

Re: Looking for my Dad's truck My dads 1978 Chevrolet Pickup Ontario

Yeah I know, that's what's on my mind with it also. Fortunately there is no rush to make a decision.

Both tanks have been removed, the drivers door is screwed because it slipped off the trailor...No doubt it would take a lot of time and money.

We were throwing around some ruff numbers and he said he wouldn't rape me on and would work with me, so it might even be an option to get it as a rolling chassis since he want's the motor.

I'm not scared to take on a big job...just not sure what I would be getting into with this, I don't have a lot of the larger tools (air compressor, hoist), limited funds and limited knowledge of trucks.

With that said though, if I'm going to take on a project and restore something this would be it. If I didn't see what some of you guys have done on this site it would be much easier to walk away but I've now seen what can be done so I have a mental goal.

I would just have to be realistic with how long it will take to complete...Might be a 10 year project. Who knows

Side note, I have a few beers with my brother in law in the garage and we're talking about the truck and I'm showing the pictures. I come in turn on the tube to speed and gears is on. Stacy David is showing how to convert a chev long box frame to accept a shortbox...I have to say that was a sign.
Shugalou is offline   Reply With Quote