Thread: Scars are in?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 10:02 AM   #7
hewittca

Re: Scars are in?

As ybnormal pointed out, threads like this really highlight the discrepancy and reason why there really are two segregated groups of GM truck enthusiasts. I'm the type that loves all trucks and appreciate the time and effort that the owners put into building the trucks the way they want, which is why I love this forum and Instagram for keeping up with other truck enthusiasts.

That being said, now onto the topic of this thread. Yes, it has become fairly common for the patina'd truck guys to leave their bed scars, especially on the slammed/big wheel trucks. To me, it is an anomaly of the strict adherence to the mentality of leaving the outside finish completely untouched while hot rodding everything under the sheetmetal. Personally, I don't like the scars but I do love the patina. If it were me, I'd at least paint the scars to match the patina, but they aren't my trucks! Here's a few examples.

In fact, even the Delmo built cover truck for the current Builder's Guide is sporting bed scars.

Here's an example of my personal favorite approach. This is atponder's shortened truck with the scars painted to match the original patina.

-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote