View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 09:27 AM   #747
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

[quote author="@grizz" source="/post/2624787/thread" timestamp="1598786302"]From the UKGSER Forum.

Some plans and advice.

Sparkplug lives in Cambridge so a detour to start and end with.

[quote ="Da1sycat;5804717"]I tried Shipley a few weeks ago when I wanted a car brought over from the North of England. I was surprised by the cost (more than I expected) and it varied considerably (more than £500 between the lowest and highest quote). All stated “this assumes the car starts and drives”. I’ve since got a car locally but get an email every few days with a small discount on the existing quotes. There’s no substitute for going yourself, but time, distance and logistics will be King in your particular circumstances I guess. You’ve the feelers out on retrorides for some brotherhood help?[/quote][quote ="sparkplug;5804747"]Find a suitable trailer for hire in / near Rochester, find a willing body or two in Glasgow to help load the car and then just pay my fuel...

Oh, and I'm not reversing a trailer up your drive

I'm curse word at reversing trailers, it's a tight space and I wouldn't fancy being sideways on that road for longer than I needed to.

Can't do it for at least a week though.[/quote][quote ="Littledumptruck;5804812"]We hired a trailer from a place called Helpfull Hire near Thame to move a mini from Stanmore to Lochgilphead last year. Only cost about £140 amd we had it ten days. They were very good value. Could pick up on way through, although returning would be an issue.[/quote][quote ="Da1sycat;5804874"]Road trip gathering momentum 😎. Hellcat parked outside Ethyls vs Sparkers rig outside Little Chef takes a little imagination but hey the company’s more important than the country. My money’s on “Rian & Phil’s Tartan Tow Truck Tour 2020”[/quote][/quote]

Still to be investigated, nailed down and fine tuned, but this sounds a good way to deal with it.

Could this be the way it happens?

Quick short term update.

Last night I thought it wise to celebrate the REZIN ROCKIT long before it had even been given wheels where it is laying in a pile of detritus next to a body shop.

This has been fun before with less to celebrate.

And as an aside......

@CraigRK sent me a pic too.

Saying anyone who owns a “Jeep” should have a shovel.

Or as he likes to say, “You do love to dig a hole for yourself”

This may be the bit of extra weight on this build.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote