View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 02:23 PM   #87
1957 Chief
Proud Vet that loves the USA

Re: Clifford the Big Red Truck~~The Build

Ok folks, has been a hot minute since I have taken the time to update this thread. Need to put a few pics up and describe what has been done.

Completed the rear battery details This included installing a battery hold down, shutoff switch, fuse block, and all the wiring. Put the battery on the rt rear of the bed behind the wheel well. Ran all the wires through the sidewall of the bed. Also had to run a constant power wire up to the front of the truck to always have power to the GPS, radio and dash memory.

Rewired the interior and installed new parts and ducting for the AC.

Tackled the clutch issue hoping that the stock C10 master cylinder would move the LS slave cylinder. It moves it, but not enough. I adjusted all the pivot points and messed with the linkage, the bottom line is it will not. So I had to order a Wilwood master cylinder setup. I have a 13/16 and a 7/8 bore to try out. One of those two will do it. Will know more about that this weekend when i put it in.

Had to wire in a clutch safety switch in order to not start the truck with the clutch not pushed in.

Ran all the wire for the rear amp and subwoofers. Also installed new front speakers.

Bled the whole brake system.

Finished installing the interior and mounted all the belts. Gave measurements to my buddy so he can make a shifter boot.

Did a complete underneath inspection of the truck. Checked torque on all bolts, ensured wires and lines were snugged up and clamped outta the way.
Attached Images

1957 Chief is offline   Reply With Quote