View Single Post
Old 11-29-2013, 08:51 AM   #51
special-K
Special Order

Re: '72 Sierra Grande Critique

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDESIDE72 View Post
Personally i would not pay top dollar for a truck that was presented as restored to original but was not. IMO errors/ variations are OK as long as they are disclosed and the truck priced accordingly. I am finishing up a 72 swb stepside. It is not chalk mark correct (non stock paint color for that matter) but when i tracked down doors for it, i found 72 doors. It is a Cheyenne, so it has a cargo light and headliner.
What I said was:
"And,just because it's a longbed doesn't mean it can't be worth the price."
Then,I said:
"Looks like a pretty good restoration. 100% correct? No. But,that only matters to show judges and guys who read about all the tiny little details here",which was not a relating to value.
Fact is,that appears to be a very nice truck that you couldn't buy and restore for the asking price...unless it was damn nice to start with and bought cheap. The seller is obviously a "flipper" and has his used car salesman line of crap,yet no real knowledge of the truck's history or what was or wasn't done (the important stuff). I wouldn't take his $1,000 wiggle room comment as the final word. If you like everything about it and want to buy it,I'd tell him $12k is my top dollar. From what I've seen,the asking price isn't top dollar. It's in the general $15k range that you see restored trucks go for all over the place. We see them going for $10k more,and that's top dollar. One thing's for sure,this truck would have cost significantly less had it been bought out of Eastern Washington state from the previous owner. You'll never get your best deal from a flipper...especially after transport costs across the nation. I agree that,for no matter what the price,a seller that doesn't disclose honest info is a turn off. I walk away once I hear BS because you never know where it starts or ends. All it takes is one white lie and I'm outta there...unless it's something so cheap their BS doesn't matter.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 11-29-2013 at 08:57 AM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote