View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 06:45 PM   #134
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Right,

So after my successful MOT test, I went up to see PaulF whose press we used to get the bushes out of the A-Arms and previously using his brake pipe flaring tool when I was making the brake lines up for the C10.

His Split Window VW bus is so small compared to modern cars, but against this Blazer if will be even smaller.

So I asked him to take the Blazer for a drive, of course he could not say no.

We went for quite a significant drive.

The funniest thing to me, was that like me, he could not stop laughing like a deranged kid while driving thenBlazer.

What a pleasure sharing it.

While he was driving, it also became apparent just how bifpg this thing is.

After a few hours spent with him and his lovely bride Faye, who cannot do any wrong in my eyes 😁 it was time to come home, via my local village, Hoo St Werburgh where I needed to get some bread and food.

Turning down one of the street, I clocked a black Saab and a guy gesturing, instantly knowing it was Ashley, another Retro Rider.... so I turned around and we ended up chatting for half an hour or more.
Never simple or quick with me.

In the car park where I went to shop, there was a Toyota Corolla parked up next to me, had to grab a photo.

Shows again how big this thing is.

Then eventually homeward, and found the Yellow 12mm tape had been delivered.

Compared to the other vinyl that will go on the sides.

And also mocking up along with the newly painted side badges.

Lastly, the next job on the list, ensuring this is not a Project, will be getting my DA sander out and flatting back the paint that looks like it was applied with a yard broom.

Followed by getting some paint back on the sides, and then the vinyl lines and also the pinstripes

Well, this was a good day, in fact a good week so far.

Loads done, thankfully.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote