View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 07:54 PM   #2
Spf79

Re: Need help finding low cost replacement lift springs 4-6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04sshd View Post
My Jimmy is at the shop getting a GM 8.5 3/4 ton front and GM 14 bolt FF rear, and they're telling me my leaf spring bushings are shot. They want 6 hours labor plus parts ($150) at well over $110 an hour to change them out.

I'm sure there's gotta be low cost lift spring options that are far cheaper than their $800 quote.

I currently have 4" front springs, and 4" blocks in the rear. I'd like to just buy two new front and rear leafs with bushings to save on cost if I can get them for cheaper than what they want to charge me. Everywhere I search is selling lift kits with front springs and blocks for $400-600, once change the options to rear lift leafs they go up to $1000. I don't need all of the stuff in the lift kit as I already have it (u bolts, dampeners, drop steering brackets, etc) I'd like to just find two low cost 4" or 6" lift leafs if I can save some money by going that route. Does anyone know of any places to source just the leafs economically?
That is tuff. Changing out the bushings is not fun, but I'm not sure if it is a 6 hour job? $110 an hour? I'm working in the wrong business. I just bought springs individually, I found my front 4" lift springs for $153 a piece, they were Tough County EZ rides. The rear I went with Superlift 4" springs. They were $176 a piece, and I thought I was getting a deal... the Superlift springs came without bushings in them. Keep that in mind. I had purchased all greasable bushing from Offroad design, so it was not an issue, but I was suprised when they arrived. I researched this quite a bit... Jegs had good pricing and quick shipping. Another site called Jackit.com had some good pricing, funny name - but it saved me a little coin. Good luck!