View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 10:09 PM   #61
sgaylord
Project collector

Re: Project "Jezaebel"

I decided to repair the floors before completing the firewall. This way I will have a little more room to lay in the floor pans and replace the front braces. At least that is my theory.

Originally I wanted to try and remove the rockers in one piece because they had been replaced by someone not too long ago and are still in good shape. Well after spending about an hour trying to remove it in one piece, it became obvious that this rocker was not going to make it. So..... out comes the plasma and zip, zip and it was gone.....

Originally I though the area behind and around the rockers wouldn't be too bad and wouldn't need to be replaced. Well, remember this truck's name is Jezebel, and once it again, it's a fitting name.

Not too bad except for the area along the bottom of the inner rocker and the two obvious holes in the middle.

Name:  SANY0121.JPG
Views: 1806
Size:  59.2 KB

Your normal rusted area where the "A" pillar meets the floor. But wait, what is that black lump to the left? Yep, if you remember the cowl area you will know that that is. Our friend roofing tar....

Name:  SANY0125.JPG
Views: 1798
Size:  57.3 KB

What the roofing tar was hiding.

Name:  SANY0128.JPG
Views: 1836
Size:  57.4 KB

Cab corner

Name:  SANY0123.JPG
Views: 1799
Size:  55.4 KB

2020 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax