View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #84
notsolo

Re: 71' Blazer Rust bucket build

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
Well, my presents came two days earlier than expected. FedEx as usual appears to have played soccer and other contact sports with the packages. All 3 boxes were busted up and it looked like parts should be missing. I started opening the boxes and he guy asked me what I was doing........I said duh......if you think I am signing for this without checking to make sure everything is still here you have lost your mind. He says well once you open the boxes you can't send them back. I felt like smacking hiim on the forehead and sayin hey stupid unless ur blind the boxes are alread open caused by you and FedEx. I told him I had no intention of sending anything back but if it was missing parts we would be filling out some paperwork before I signed anything. Looks like both of my floorpans are bent but not unuseable. Suprisingly everything survived. I now have a wall full of parts that I can use to start rebuilding the green machine. I hope to get a start on it tomorrow night. I have my work cut out for me but I think it will be worth it. Originally this was going to be a quick rust repair, get it running and drive but since I scored the really nice floor looks like it will end up frame off. Oh well may just go get that rotisserie at Greg smith. Sure will ake the rocker work go easier. I will be able to tell more tomorrow night I hope.
UPS also has adopted the customer is stuck with it policy. I got a radiator damaged with 2 holes in the box and core damaged, I refused delivery and was told damaged was not an option. Our UPS girl took it back to the office sent it back with other comments customer not home... Buyer beware..delivery in good condition optional...OH YEA NICE COLLECTION OF PARTS.
notsolo is offline   Reply With Quote