View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 01:36 PM   #4
Sinisterspeed

Re: The Neverending Longhorn 11/01-current

Chapter 4 The Restart

So after the scrap guy left with the battered and rusted body that was in worse shape the when I started. I looked at what I had to work with. a 72 LWB 4x4 frame, Some good doors and fenders off a parts truck ( I had since gotten rid of ). So we looked through the paper for a couple weeks looking for a decent body that didn't need much body work.

Then I found it. This is how it read:

1971 GMC truck. No running gear, No rust, No title. 1000.00 OBO.

We called, It was still there so I had a single axle trailer that I used to haul quads on (Thats another story, The ex and her 2 kids split 3 months after the lay off) So I had this huge 20 ft' flat bed single axle to haul it on. When we got there it was a 1971 GMC longhorn. Someone had cut the front of the frame and started to make it into a 4x4. I didn't know it never came as a 4x4 at this time and didn't really matter to me. The body looked pretty decent and I talked him down to 650.oo bucks. He loaded it on my trailer with a fork lift and we had a new start to the project. from what I was told, This truck was being worked on in one of the building on this farm and the guy that was working on it had left 5 years ago. The owner of the farm just wanted it out of there so he sold it without a title.

70 GMC Longhorn (A.K.A Money Bucket)
57 Chev 3100
05 Chevy LLY Dmax.
67 Chevy Camaro

Dad's Budget Build 55

My Longhorn Build

Last edited by Sinisterspeed; 07-19-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Sinisterspeed is offline   Reply With Quote