View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 01:07 PM   #34
RichardJ

Re: Parallel Flow Condenser

>>Maybe not to you, but if you know the right vehicles to look at it will. I like going through the junkyards and finding parts that I can make work.<<

Isn't that the question the OP was originally asking? So, what's your answer? What Parallel Flow fits?

Any junk yard selection or universal presents the same problems.

Selecting the correct width and height is just the start. Fabricating mounts is straight forward and very easy. The fittings aren't that much of a problem, because you are attaching flexible hoses. What is on the other end of those hoses is a different problem to be dealt with separately.

The real problem that is the most difficult to deal with is, which way the original fittings are pointed. How long are they? How many bends are in them? How high or low?
What has to be cut or moved in order to make connections, even with flexible hoses?
How big of a hole in the radiator support are you willing to cut to make it work?

I used a Parallel Flow from a Chrysler 300C. I had to cut one fitting off and TIG weld a different fitting that had different bends. I did this about 13 years ago and i wasn't aware at the time if any aftermarket direct-fit parallel flow was available.

My entire '67 system is from the junkyard, but I'm not about to recommend the same to anyone.

'89 and '94 Cad pusher fans on the '01 Chrysler condenser.
A 108* honda temp switch controls the '89 fan.
The 508 Sanden came from A mid '80s VW Cabriolet.
The Evap suitcase is a Automatic Climate Control unit from a '87 Lincoln Mark VII.

Using original I6 4-blade fan with no shroud.
The original 10DN Ex Reg Alternator is still being used.

The digital control is set at 71* winter and summer. Only when the Sun is beating directly on me through the glass for long periods do I drop the temp a couple degrees.

FAAbenny is correct. The condenser pictured above is the Piccolo Condenser.