View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 09:09 AM   #2
darrellyates

Re: 5 channel amp suggestions

Most true audiophiles will not recommend a single 5 channel amp. However, I'm an old guy who likes my old music, and I do not want overwhelming bass which seems to be the preferred way to listen to music today. I like nice tight bass, and actually prefer 2-way speakers on top of that.

I got a NVX 900.5 from Sonic Electronic (online). I'm running a 12 inch Pioneer shallow mount in a custom box where the gas tank used to set, and 4-6 1/2 inch Kicker 2-way speakers in kick panel and custom mounts in the rear cab corners, up pretty high. I like the sound. The NVX 900.5 puts out 100 watts x 4 @ 2ohms, and 70 x 4 @ 4 ohms. The single sub is like 400 or so @ 2 ohms, and about 240 @ 4 ohms. That is adequate for me. Sound is nice and clear at any volume I care to listen to it. My head unit is a Retrosound. I forget the model, but it's the one with the USB input for my phone, which I use as a source. FM reception isn't the best I've ever had, but again, adequate for my needs.

I would recommend the NVX 900.5. Compact, well made, easy to install. I used RCA's for inputs on all 4 channels. I like it very much.

Oh, and I paid $209 from Sonic Electronic. NVX has a lower power option as well....

Thanks,
darrellyates is offline   Reply With Quote