Thread: 1966 C-10 build
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 02:32 PM   #139
kdad

Re: 1966 C-10 build

Been a minute or two since we last checked in on the Double 6 build. In truth it's been pretty crazy around us. Had to move back to California to help with taking care of a couple of parents. Everyone knows you go back to California and its a different world for sure..

The 66' went with us to a show in Hollister Ca. that's when we figured out that the Drum brakes leave allot to be desired... (switching entire truck over to disc now) I actually laughed at one point when I had to stop suddenly and the brakes said "No thank you"... Oh well I am luck enough that my buddy had an entire front and rear brake set up for his 72' c10 that he just gave me... Including drop spindles and a brake booster... that will be next on the list of items just for the simple fact that I cant trust the brakes now and that's no way to live.. The other discovery we found is that the old junkyard motor the PO put in this truck is putting out a heave smoke screen on the left side. Looking at a new motor now... It never ends I tell you.. Oh well no new pics for today but real soon we will have a brake setup that we will show how we do it..

She may not be the prom queen but at least she puts out..

Last edited by kdad; 07-27-2019 at 02:38 PM.
kdad is offline   Reply With Quote