Thread: Rods 57
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 11:37 PM   #494
Rods57

Re: Rods 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsraven View Post
On your paint booth ideas, one thing i have done in the past is to make up a 2x4 frame the same height as a furnace filter and as wide as the garage door. Then staple a row of filters to the frame, place the frame in the open garage door opening and let the door down on it. You will have cross flow ventilation that way. For respirator air keep an eye out for a cpapp machine. Some guys know them as a snore machine. You wear them at night to help with sleep apnea. Anyway, they are just a supply of fresh ambient air through a small fan in a machine out to a face piece. You could place the machine out in some fresh air and just run a long hose to your face piece inside the booth. Better than just a filter mask. Run the hose together with your paint gun air hose, taped every so often, so you only have to deal with one rats nest. Paint fumes kill.

Nice looking shop. I like what youre doing with the truck too. Looks good. Love the color. Like you dipped it in plastic. Good job on the paint, smooth. Have you painted lots before? Nice to see real paint, not just flat black or fake patina, cant wait for that trend to finish. Back in the day there were lots of primered hotrods driving around but that was because guys couldnt afford to paint. Nowadays guys paint stuff and then buff the nice new paint down so it looks "old" again. Dont seem right to me, Just a personal opinion though.

Hey, keep up the good work and please keep posting pics for us guys who are laid up and cant work on our own stuff.
Thanks for the comments, I have painted a few things, no pro though just stubborn and lucky i guess, and i have friends that are good and tell me how to do it.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckDriver View Post
Awesome!
thanks, getting excited now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim57 View Post
Very nice.

thanks Kim,

Kim
Rods57 is offline   Reply With Quote