View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 11:45 PM   #17
AcampoDave

Re: Vintage air sure fit kit 941164 condenser mounting question on a 66

Looking at my '66 , you'll see the aluminium radiator that I bought from Speedcooling.com. It's a 2 row but the tubes are fat. You can also see I went with a Flexolite 18" 6 blade fan with a Hayden2747 heavy duty clutch. The new 2 row pulley that I bought is still made by GM and it has a smaller diameter than the original. The mounting bolts were a tight squeeze and I seem to remember creating a bit more clearance on the inside of clutch shaft mounting slots with a round file. All gaps are sealed with rubber and the underneath view shows the light colored sheet metal baffle I used to seal the space between the condenser and the radiator. The bolts you see runing thru it are what I used to re-mount the lower radiator mount cradles. They had to be removed and widended a tad to accomodate the lower radiator tank. Also the condenser mounts slightly left of center so I actually blocked the far right 2 rows of the radiator from direct airflow because they were left exposed. Since i now have cooling to spare, it doesn't hurt to force all incoming air thru the condenser prior to entering the radiator.
Attached Images

Last edited by AcampoDave; 03-07-2020 at 11:57 PM.
AcampoDave is offline   Reply With Quote