View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 09:48 AM   #112
scoot_mcgrute

Re: 1966 C10 Project Truck

Got a bunch more progress made over the weekend. I'm starting to realize I more than likely won't have it fully ready to go for the show on the 11th but I should be able to drive it on and off the trailer so that's ok. Not for lack of trying, it's just how it goes.

My buddy came over Saturday night and we plumbed the brake lines and the fuel line from the pump to the carb.

Sunday morning, I tore right into it and removed the factory radiator mounts. The radiator I picked up needed a 3" rise to get the height I needed, it'll work great

While I was fabbing up my riser, dad showed up and got to work on my tranny cross member. We had to slot the holes so the output could be pushed to the driver's side a little more. Once that was taken care of, I clearanced the frame a bit for my steering shaft for the rack. Way better now.

Rear sway bar going on

One thing that I knew was going to hold this whole show up was the accessory drives. I have been struggling to find the right water pump pulley and also the brackets that will bolt the power steering pump to the engine bracket. I found those things last night! Cost a bit more than I'd like but they are what I needed so it's not too bad.

More work will continue this week and into the weekend!