View Single Post
Old 10-15-2018, 02:48 PM   #135
landarts
landarts

Re: Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500

Finally got the seat installed this weekend. After removing all of the hog rings off of old seat and removing the listing wires I proceeded with cutting out two small areas of bad foam with a electric knife. Then cut out some new foam and attached with 3m 90 spray adhesive. After all was done with the foam I sprayed both sections with a light coat of 3m 90 adhesive then covered the entire foam sections with a thin layer of felt batting. Added the new seat covers that were purchased from RockAuto and went crazy with the hog rings. Seat not only looks good but feels really nice to sit on.

After seat went in I pulled the steering wheel to see why the horn was not working and to see if the upper bearing was bad do to a little slop in the steering. Found out the bearing needs to be replaced and the horn is fine, just had so much dirt and crud in there it was stopping it from making contact. Ordered a new bearing from Classic Parts along with a few trim plastic inserts for upper and lower trim attachment.

Spent the rest of the day banging out a few dings in the upper and lower trim for bedside and front fender. Then pulled string lines to do placement and tape on molding so I can mark reference points.

Sorry I am missing a few images in between the foam and seat finished, had an issue with cell phone memory. Fixed that issue this morning.
Attached Images

Fix and Sale 72 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 K2500
The "Fixrupr" build thread

72 Cheyenne 1/2 ton " FIXRUPR " - daily driver
67 C20 all original paint
71 K20 Custom 4x4 (Idaho Edition)
72 K20 GMC Super Custom 4x4
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
69 K10 Custom package 4x4 (69 K10 from the field)
69 K10 Custom
72 K20 Custom Deluxe 4x4
72 K20 Crew Cab Project
71 GMC Jimmy CST
72 Blazer
70 Blazer
landarts is offline   Reply With Quote